The best time to post organically does depend heavily on your individual business, the specifics of the audience you want to reach, as well as your time zone.
Still, it can be helpful to learn what times work for other brands in your industry.
Hootsuite analyzed multiple accounts in 11 different industries over the span of 18 months to find out when their posts received the most engagement. And the results are in.
Best time to post on Instagram, based on industry:
- Travel and Tourism: Friday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Media and Entertainment: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Food and Beverage: Fridays at 12 p.m.
- Retail: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 12 p.m.
- Professional Services: Friday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m.
- Non-Profit: Tuesday at 4 p.m. or 10 a.m.
- Non-Retail E-commerce: Thursday at 9 p.m. or at 4 p.m.
- Pharma and Healthcare: Wednesday and Sunday at 9 a.m.
- Technology: Monday and Tuesday at 2 p.m.
- Education: Thursday at 4 p.m. or 5 p.m.
Of course, these are just recommendations - and should be supplemented with internal data.
Try experimenting with some of these peak posting times, and then dig into your Instagram analytics to see what works best for you.
Source: Hootsuite and Squirrly